Oct 12, 2005

Being truly poor

So many things are climbing though my mind lately. Maybe it's just exposure to too much TV. Considering I no longer have a job at Target, I am left to vegge out in depression in front of Oprah and Dr. Phil, every other day I turn my shows to law and order then Back to Oprah.
Today Oprah is discussing the " invisible poor". She's walking through houses of people who have no running water, or have completely amazing living conditions. What gets me is...Oprah, people of her such standard, give all these " Amazing gifts" we all heard about the cars she gave her audience, what about the beauty makeovers, the new room makeovers, all of this, it must of cost an arm and a leg...But then she can walk through the houses of the people she's calling the " real victim's" and do nothing for them. If we took one day off, one day from special shows, special gifts, took every thing we put into " Making us" better, and put it into helping people who have to sell their blood to make a living, then maybe we would be a lot better off.
On that same note, I want to move out of Santa Rosa. I want to be able to provide for myself, and work towards doing what I really want to do. Sometimes, I realize what a photo can mean to the realization of at least one person. I see things so differently then some people. I don't know how that happened, but it makes me want to help others see what I see when I see children living on the side of the streets.

0 comments: