Dec 1, 2004

The boss told me I was " awesome"

Over enthused...That's something I've never been called. Pushy, loud, irritating, annoying, these are all things that where " constructively" told to me yesterday. I had it with the annoying co-worker...I had to do something about it. She said that I was being to pushy into everything they did up there and that I was mean and cold hearted....Cold hearted...Yeah, we all know that though...But pushy? Maybe it's because I've been so long told that I have to assert myself and make sure I get what I deserve. These things have such a different meaning to me. Where they see pushy...I see assertion where there was none. Where I see " irritating" I see my co-workers just needing to lighten the hell up. Along with this she told me that I was too mean to the cashiers and that I was always looking to fire people. I just looked at her in amazement....I've only done 1 write up! That was by order of my boss, any of the other things...The other supervisors brought to me and asked me to do because I had been trained to do it! I told her this, she had her numbers totally exaggerated, she said that I had done 3 write ups and had done all sorts of things. I bought $15 worth of starbucks cards last week and was handing it out to the cashiers last week! I bought the entire cart attendant team dinner last night! I bought $30 worth of lunch for cashiers who got Instant credits and Surveys! Tell me I'm mean? I only like to help those who are doing their job! I'm not one to sit on my ass and watch others work. When I was a cashier it felt so good to get what I deserved. I worked even harder for those whom believed in me. I don't understand why they have such a huge problem with it. I don't know why I let them get to me. One of them is a hypocondreact, another is a bitter lonely old women, another is stealing from the company. I love them all for their differences...And I wish they could help me at least understand what I am doing wrong instead of just talking about it themselves and gossiping to the cashiers. I've never been in a department of the store that people where this disconnected. In the office we had meetings and we all where apart of what was going on. In the cash office we all left each other notes each week. In food have we all would write daily what happened and what needed to get done the next day. At the front lanes...It's like they just come...Stand around and leave. There's nothing we are trying to achieve out there. Help the guests...Sure, make the team happy? Naa, Improve ourselves? Naaa, too much work on our behalf. I was told we are to just come, make the team happy and go home. Wow...Somebody was just telling me I didn't know anything about business...But I'm starting to feel less bad about myself realizing that...Maybe it's not all me.

0 comments: