Dec 10, 2009

187

There is something that not a lot of people tell you about weight loss. Here it is: There is no finish line. There are no cheering crowds of happy crying people, there is no makeover, there are no dramatic changes...one day your fat, and the next your not. It's not as fulfilling as your fat self has made it sound like it was. Instead, your alone, and wondering where your parade is.

When I was younger, I chose 185 lbs as my goal weight. It seemed so far away and impossible. I often tried to dream about what it would be like, failing to grasp reality, I thought it would be a little different then this. I'm happy still, and though there has been no " biggest looser" confetti in the air kind of moment, I am still going to keep going on the path I started.

Today, I weigh 187 lbs. A number that seems so small in comparison to the 315 lbs I used to carry. I often enjoy just rolling the numbers around in my head, sometimes whispering them to myself, hearing what impossibility sounds like.

0 comments: